Help Us Build Vermont’s Hut Network
Do you love what we’re doing? Well then, you might be a good fit for our summer internship program!
April 12, 2018
Our mission is to provide an enriching and immersive outdoor experience for everyone. By collaborating with our partners in recreation, we will create a four-season hut network across the Green Mountain State to strengthen local communities and foster a deeper appreciation of our natural environment.
We’re a fun and young nonprofit organization, and we’re off to a strong start. With our first hut slated to open this year, we have made tremendous strides in Vermont’s outdoor recreation community over the past 18 months.
Our part-time summer internship position begins in early May and ends in late August, though the right candidate would be welcome to continue through fall and winter. The position is unpaid, however, credit(s) toward a higher education degree may be possible depending on your program. Additionally, we can offer complimentary hut nights when our first hut opens.
The summer intern will gain valuable experience managing our social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram, be responsible for creating and curating digital content, as well as identifying new outdoor events where Vermont Huts Association should have a presence. You will responsible for writing the copy for each social post, which will be approved by the Marketing Director before posting. Lastly, you will administer our membership program using Salesforce, one of the most widely-used and powerful CRMs in the world.
Essential Job Functions (in order of anticipated time demands)
- Find and/or create relevant digital content to be shared across our social channels
- Schedule a minimum of four social media posts per week across our social channels
- Find new events/forums for Vermont Huts to attend
- Mail out welcome packets once per week to new Vermont Huts members
- When possible, table at events and represent Vermont Huts Association
- Excellent grammar and writing skills (knowing the difference between then and than)
- Competency with social media channels and understanding of evolving best practices
- Passion for outdoor recreation (hiking, mountain biking, and skiing, in particular)
- Ability to get outside and photograph lifestyle and/or action shots when appropriate
- Owning your own photography equipment is not required, though it is preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’d be awesome for this position to email@example.com.
You can download this internship description here by clicking the button below.